Fall is in the air, and I have loved every second of it! Especially decorating the house. Pumpkins, apples, leaves, shades of red, yellow, orange, brown and green, the possibilities are endless. But the season is not. Fall always seems to leave us too quickly. Embrace Fall while it is here by decorating your home with a DIY Rake Door Hanger.
What You’ll Need:
- Fake flowers of your choice
- Floral wire
- Hand saw
How It’s Made:
- Using a hand saw, carefully cut the handle of the rake, leaving about 2 inches of the handle that is closest to the head of the rake.
- Layout your floral arrangement next to your rake.
- Cut 3-inch pieces of floral wire to use to secure your floral decor to the rake.
- Secure the floral wire to your flower, leaf, etc.
- One at a time lay each piece of floral decor on the front of your rake. Pull the floral wire through the back of the rake and secure by twisting or knotting.
- Continue this process until you have your desired look on the rake.
- Cut about an 8-inch piece of burlap.
- Tie a bow using the burlap at the bottom of the wire rake. Use twine to secure the center of your bow and tie to the bottom of the rake. Click here for instructions on how to tie a burlap bow.
- Hang your new rake decor on your door. I used a 3M hook and floral wire to hang mine.
DIY not your thing? Rather have it shipped to your door? Check out the byky Etsy shop to custom order this door hanger and other fall items!
– Ky –