I have to say; this is one of the easiest meals I have ever made. If you have a crockpot, a few chicken breasts and a can of salsa, you are all set. This salsa chicken recipe has become my go-to when I want a good healthy meal, but I don’t feel like cooking. The chicken is juicy, has a ton of flavor and takes very little time to prepare. Next time you want a good meal but do not feel like spending the time to whip something up, pull out your crockpot and try out this Salsa Chicken recipe.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of salsa of your choosing (I usually use Newman’s Own Medium Chunky Salsa)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How It’s Made:
- Lightly grease the crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts into the crockpot.
- Pour the entire jar of salsa into the crockpot.
- Mix up the salsa so that the chicken is completely coated.
- Add in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken (it should shred easily).
Can’t think of a side to accompany the salsa chicken? Try stuffing a sweet potato with the chicken. I promise you won’t be disappointed!